Red Tails, the new George Lucus film that is based on the Tuskegee Airmen hit the theaters TODAY. The Tuskegee Airmen were the first African American military aviators in the United States armed forces. During World War II, African Americans in many U.S. states still were subject to the Jim Crow laws.The American military was racially segregated, as was much of the federal government. The Tuskegee Airmen were subject to racial discrimination, both within and outside the army. Despite these adversities, they trained and flew with distinction.
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Major Emanuel Stance
- Terrence Howard as Col. A.J. Bullard
- Bryan Cranston as Col. William Mortamus
- Nate Parker as Martin “Easy” Julian
- David Oyelowo as Joe “Lightning” Little
- Tristan Wilds as Ray “Ray Gun” Gannon
- Daniela Ruah as Sofia
- Ryan Early as Captain Bryce
- Method Man as Sticks
- Kevin Phillips as Leon “Neon” Edwards
- Henry Garrett as Hart
- Robert Kazinsky as Chester Barnes
- Rick Otto as Flynt
- Lee Tergesen as Col. Jack Tomilson
- Andre Royo as Chief “Coffee” Coleman
- Ne-Yo as Andrew “Smoky” Salem
- Elijah Kelley as Samuel “Joker” George
- Marcus T. Paulk as David “Deke” Watkins
- Leslie Odom Jr. as Walter “Winky” Hall
- Michael B. Jordan as Maurice “Bumps” Wilson
- Jazmine Sullivan as Deborah “Love Bunny” Gannett
- Edwina Finley as CeCe
- Stacie Davis as Mae
- Aml Ameen as Bag O’Bones
- Gerald McRaney as General Luntz
One airman of distinction was Daniel “Chappie” James Jr. (February 11, 1920 – February 25, 1978). He was a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force, who in 1975 became the first black American to reach the rank of four-star general.
We here at LuxuriousPROTOTYPE are looking forward to seeing the movie!
What Do You Think?
-Phaon Spurlock, The Southern Gentleman
Follow me on Twitter – @Phaon
Follow the Magazine on Twitter – @LuxePROTOTYPE