The Super Bowl may have been a blow out this year (sad Broncos fan here), but we were blown away by some of the hairstyles celebrities were sporting at the big game. Whether you’re looking for a statement-making style like Bruno Mars or a more laidback look like David Beckham, Redken for Men offers a complete range of high-performance haircare products to effortlessly pull off any style.
Redken Styling & Grooming Expert Jenny Balding shares her three favorite men’s hairstyles spotted at the Super Bowl, as well as her simple steps for making these styles your own.
This is the most popular hairstyle for men right now. There are many variations of this look as it is very flattering when it is tailored to the individual.
1. Have your stylist take it really tight at the sides and back and disconnect the top area so that you have longer layers throughout the top.
2. If your hair trends to grow forward , blow dry your hair back of your face to help give it that effortless swept back feel first before applying product.
3. Your hair type will help determine which product to use. If you have hair texture similar to David Beckham’s, use a paste or putty. Redken For Men Work Hard molding paste is ideal as it has pliable texture and can be a light product or you can layer as is necessary for this perfectly disheveled finish.
His signature pompadour was looking a perfect as ever without a hair falling out of place.
1. You can achieve this look without having to have an exact haircut to replicate.
2. First, blow dry your hair up and off your face, at the sides and at the front. This will give you longevity for look. Use a little volumizing mousse if necessary. Redken Full Frame 07 all-over volumizing mousse is fantastic for this.
3. Redken For Men Stand Tough extreme gel is the perfect product for finishing this look. It will give you the hold and definition you will need. Use small amounts at a time, starting at the crown and working your way forward, combing into place.
If you tend to have hair that sits too flat or is too soft (yes there is such a thing), make sure to skip on the conditioner and just shampoo!
1. Redken For Men Maneuver working wax is great for this look as is has a really moldable texture, which you want to create this disheveled finish.
2. Simply rub a small amount into hands and work through dry or damp hair.