Gearing up for Super Bowl XLVII? Well if you aren’t, you should be! As the Superbowl continues to evolve it becomes more and more of a mix between the game and commercials. So if you aren’t the guy who enjoys enjoys football, you can still get a kick out of the commercials and halftime show, which will feature a performance by Beyonce (if you haven’t seen the GQ cover, check it out now.)
Super Bowl parties every year attracts football fans and non-football fans for the camaraderie, food and drinks. For the gentleman who is full throttle, no holds bar football fan who is planning a party, you have to check out these great Super Bowl party receipes from Andrea Correale. Andrea is the owner and creator of Elegant Affairs, the premiere catering and event planning company serving Manhattan, Long Island, The Hamptons, Westchester, Connecticut and New Jersey. Elegant Affairs has coordinated events for some of the world’s most elite including Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon, Russell Simmons, Jimmy Fallon, P. Diddy, The Trumps, And The Real Housewives of both New York and New Jersey.
1 loaf of french bread, cut in half
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup buffalo wing sauce + extra for drizzling
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons ranch dressing
12 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated
6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1. Place an oven rack in the middle of the over and heat your broiler to the high setting.
2. Place the french bread, cut-side up, on a baking sheet and set in the oven for 2 minutes, then rotate and broil 2 minutes more, just until slightly golden. Remove and let cool.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Toss chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 10-12 minutes. Once cooked through, add garlic and stir for 30 seconds, then add in buffalo wing sauce and butter. Stir to toss and coat.
4. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons (or more if desired) of ranch dressing onto each cut side of french bread.Top with 2-3 tablespoons each of buffalo wing sauce, then cover equally with a light sprinkling of fontina. Add the chicken, spooning out all of the sauce in the skillet. Cover with remaining fontina and gorgonzola. Broil on high (on the same center rack) for 5-6 minutes, watching closely and rotating the pan once or twice during broiling. You must watch closely because all broilers differ! It may take your oven 3-4 minutes or closer to 8. Just cook until the cheese is melted and slightly golden and the bread is somewhat crunchy.
5. Remove and top with another drizzle of buffalo wing sauce and then cover in green onions and cilantro. Cut into pieces.
3 lb chicken wings
1/2 cup honey and
1/2 cup ketchup tomato
2 Tbs Worcestershire
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Tabasco to taste
For Cilantro Lime Sauce:
1 cup Greek yogurt
1. Combine honey, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Add wings; toss to coat well.
2. Refrigerate over night.
3. Place wings on a barbecue grill; grill over medium high heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning often and basting with reserved marinade, until wings are cooked.
4. For super saucy wings, reserve or make extra marinade….reduce on low heat on stove top and toss wings again once they are off the grill.
1. Combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt with 1 lime juiced and zested, 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro and 1 clove of minced garlic.
2. Place in refrigerator for one hour before serving.
Blackberry Hoison Wings w/ Scallion Confetti
2½ pounds chicken wings, tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon Chinese 5-Spice or other Asian spice blend ( McCormick’s Far East
Sesame Ginger Blend)
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup blackberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Rinse wings and drumettes and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vegetable oil and spice blend until well coated. Position wings on baking racks in a single layer ensuring that wings aren’t touching.
3. Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Whisk together hoisin and blackberry jam in a small saucepot over medium-low heat until warm.
5. Drizzle wings with sauce, tossing until well coated. Serve immediately.
Chunky Beef Chili w/ Bacon Chipotle & Cheddar
8 slices bacon, chopped
4 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
2 1/2 cups diced onions
2 red bell peppers, diced
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 bay leaf
2 (28-oz) cans diced tomatoes in liquid
2 Tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Assorted toppings, such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and scallions
1. Cook the bacon in a large, heavy pot (such as a Dutch oven) over medium heat until browned. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate and reserve all of the bacon drippings in the pot.
2. Season the beef chunks with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and sauté the beef chunks, in 4 to 5 batches (so the pieces aren’t overcrowded), in the bacon drippings for 5 minutes per batch until they’re browned. Transfer the beef to a plate.
2. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of fat from the pot (add vegetable oil if you don’t have enough fat left), reduce the heat to medium, and then add the onions, peppers and garlic. Sauté the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the cocoa powder and cumin and sauté for 1 minute. Return the beef, along with any juices, to the pot. Stir in the bay leaf, diced tomatoes (with liquid) and chipotles in adobo. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover the pot.
4. Simmer the mixture (covered), stirring occasionally, until the beef is very tender, about 3 hours.
5. Uncover the pot and increase the heat to a boil. Boil the chili, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes until it thickens slightly.
6. Stir in the kidney beans and season with salt and pepper. Simmer the chili for 5 minutes and then stir in the reserved bacon. Serve the chili…
Kobe Beef Frankfurter Lollipops
1 Each Puff Pastry Sheet
As Needed Flour
1 Cup(s) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup(s) Dijon Egg Wash
6 Each All Beef Hot Dogs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Flour puff pastry sheet
3. Add cheddar cheese to one side of the pastry sheet
4. Evenly distribute and flatten with your hands
5. Place one end of pastry dough over cheese end and fold over
6. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough
7. Brush dijon egg wash all over dough
8. Take hot dog, place at edge of dough
9. Take puff pastry and roll around hot dog
10. Use egg wash to adhere
11. Take knife and cut away dough
12. Pinch ends together
13. Repeat with each hot dog
14. Place on a carving board
15. Cut edges off
16. Slice each dog about 3/4″ thick
17. Place on a covered parchment paper baking sheet
18. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown
19. To serve, take a skewer and insert the flatside into kobe frank
20. Place in a wheatgrass filled tray
-Phaon K. Spurlock
Follow me on Twitter – @Phaon
Follow the Magazine on Twitter – @LuxePROTOTYPE
Follow the Magazine on Tumblr